I found that the Windows 10 Home edition does not allow bitlocker on it out of the box. Here is a bitlocker I found to do the same on this platform.
I intended this to be a master note for all things virus and malware that I discover on my own systems, feel free to use the info. here for you own purposes, if you have any issues drop me a line and I’ll help where I can. email@example.com
MalWare Bytes 3.7.1
Adw Cleaner Run this about once every couple months current version 220.127.116.11 7/22/2019
I was going through several of my laptops over the last week and had some pretty good success in removing a lot of unwanted stuff. Here is what I did:
Whenever I go through a system to see if it is infected, I start with Malware Bytes download and run that scan first.
Malware Bytes 3.3.1
Download and scan
This helped quite a bit, but I did more
- Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.
- Close all open programs and browsers
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appears
- Click Scan
- Once the scan has completed if there are threats found you will see Found 3 threats or something similar above the progress bar
- Click each tab under Results and uncheck any items you want to keep
- Click on Clean
- Confirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OK
- Click OK twice to finish the removal process by automatically rebooting your computer
- Once completed an AdwCleaner document will open on your desktop ===================================================
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your Desktop. <<< Important
- Double click the icon
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
ESET is one of the best anti-malware virus scanners out there.
Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and save it to your Desktop
Double click the icon
Click the Start button
Accept any security warnings from your browser
Click Advanced settings
Check the following items
Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
Remove found threats
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates and begin scanning your computer
If no threats are found simply click Uninstall application on close and hit Finish
If threats are found click List of found threats
Click Export to text file
Save the file on your Desktop as ESET.txt
Review the list of entries and if there are any you want to keep stop and copy/paste the ESET.txt report in your reply for my review
If you do not wish to keep any of the entries check Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files
Close the ESET Online Scanner window
Security Analysis by Rocket Grannie
Please download Security Analysis by Rocket Grannie and save it to your Desktop
Right click on the icon and select Run as admnistrator
Click OK on the disclaimer and ignore any security warnings that may appear
Good articles about firewalls
Open Resource Manager
Changing the power settings to max helping a particular laptop that had this issue……..
A recent discovery determined that FireFox was causing much of the disk usage issues. I solved some of this by changing settings in Firefox.
Enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named accessibility.force_disabled. double-click it, change its value to 1 and restart firefox once.
Go to “Windows System” folder, right-click on “Command Prompt” click on “Run as Administrator” then run “sfc /scannow”